“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
― Mary Oliver
Are you ready to live a passionate, creative life but feel scared to even say it out loud?
Do you sometimes feel sluggish, bored, stuck or uninspired?
Are you ready to do something for yourself?
SPARK 2015 CREATIVITY RETREAT
November 12-15, 2015
Ignite your creative bonfire and come alive in the inspiring Sonoran Desert with creativity enabler, Carrie Bloomston, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Hands-on activities and exercises include: soul boxes, vision boards, collage, painting and glassblowing. Step into your full beauty and light your inner fire through nurturing self-care of me-time, hikes, yoga, meditation and lots of group work to explore creativity. Creativity comes from wholeness. Your mind, heart, body and spirit will be ignited at SPARK 2015. The retreat will take place at the new Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch and include field trips.
- Ignite the creative, passionate life waiting for you.
- Feel alive, confident, and awake.
- Fall in love with yourself.
- Work as a group through key aspects of Carrie’s book, The Little Spark–30 Ways to Ignite Your Creativity.
- Explore essential painting and collage techniques in Carrie’s studio. You’ll also have a chance to play with Carrie’s fabric
- Break through obstacles to creativity in a group session co-facilitated by licensed clinical therapist and artist, Kris Keul (Carrie’s husband).
- Experience glassblowing at Circle 6 Studios to ignite the Spark and help you step into Beginner’s Mind.
- Kindle your fire with a guided hike in the stunning Sonoran Desert and yoga.
- Learn how to support the fire when it dims through nutritional and lifestyle choices.
- Draw in the inspiring Desert Botanical Garden for an afternoon session of sparks.
- Create vision boards and reminders to keep your fire burning bright.
All levels of experience welcome. These activities will help you no matter what form your creativity takes.
Carrie Bloomston is a a RISD trained artist (BFA, Painting, ’94), author of The Little Spark–30 Ways to Ignite Your Creativity, creativity enabler, textile designer for Windham Fabrics, teacher, workshop guide, and mom. A lifetime of self-discovery and art allows her to help others find their Spark. Becoming a mother helped her dive into the deep well of knowing and self-love as she guides her inspiring children to know and love themselves, and encourages their Sparks. She aims to help you hear the loving voice in your head and to be confident enough to meet the life that is waiting for you. Read much more about Carrie, her corporate workshops and groups, and her work on her new website.
- This weekend to light your fire costs $1,500 including lunch and snacks every day and one casual dinner while glassblowing. All art and creative materials included as well as transportation/admission to all experiences outside of the resort.
- Participants will receive a signed copy of The Little Spark and several more surprises.
WAYS TO SAVE
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: register by September 15th and you pay only $1,400.
- Tell your friends…you’ll get a 10% discount for EVERY friend you refer who signs up.
- Share a room. The resort offers rooms with two sinks and vanities–rooms can be easily shared by two people. Contact Carrie to find out more.
- Register HERE using most credit cards. If you’d prefer to mail a check, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make that happen.
- $500 deposit due at registration. Balance due by October 15th. Please note: there is a nonrefundable registration fee of $75. The total deposit minus registration fee is refundable if you should need to cancel before November 5th–after that, you will pay a $150 cancellation fee.
- This intimate weekend is limited to 15 people so register now!
- Stay in the gorgeously renovated Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch. The current renovation (opening September) includes all guest rooms, new pool, updated spa, new restaurant, etc.
- Our special SPARK2015 rate is $179 + taxes/fees per night. Make your reservation online now using this link HERE or mention SPARK2015 when you call for hotel reservations: (800) 540-0727.
- The resort has a wonderful new spa, Luna, fitness facilities, heated pools and is conveniently located near the best restaurants of downtown Scottsdale.
- Wifi, parking and valet are complimentary.
- Trader Joe’s is 2 miles away.
- Average temperatures for Scottsdale in November: 76° high, 52° low. Scottsdale has 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Extend your stay and enjoy the discounted rate for three days before or after the retreat.
- Our weekend begins at 4pm on Thursday, November 12th and the experience will come to a close at noon on Sunday, November 15th.
- Fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport on most commercial airlines.
- The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is a 20 minute drive from the airport.
- All car rentals available at the airport. Hertz car rental available in the hotel. Shuttle available to hotel.
The fire is lit. Your bonfire awaits. Are you ready to find your creative passion and join us for a weekend to ignite your heart and soul?
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: register by September 15th and you pay only $1,400.